These French fries are so crispy baked in the oven using olive oil. Everyone in the house has become addicted to the flavor of truffles… it’s a good thing, believe me! So this truffle mayonnaise was a natural partner for these fries.
|Oven-baked French Fries with Truffle Mayonnaise||
- For Fries:
- 4 Large potatoes
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil
- Truffle salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- For Truffle Mayo:
- 1/2 cup Mayo (I use the kind made with olive oil)
- 1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Truffle oil, or more to taste
- Truffle salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- For Fries:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Wash the potatoes if you’re leaving the skins on (as I did), or peel them, if desired.
- Cut the potatoes into the desired thickness that you want your fries.
- Place cut fries on paper towels and rid the potatoes of excess moisture by blotting dry.
- Toss the fries on the baking sheet and be sure to evenly coat them with the olive oil, truffle salt, and black pepper.
- Place the fries in a single layer, keeping them separated.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the fries are crispy and golden.
- Serve right away with Truffle Mayonnaise for dipping.
- For Truffle Mayonnaise:
- While the fries are cooking you can make the Truffle Mayo by mixing all the incredients together.
- Be sure to taste it, and then add a little salt and pepper at a time to get the flavor exactly the way you like it!