I really enjoy making (and eating) a great sandwich. Here you can see that I have all the ingredients set out to make 2 sandwiches. The sandwich tops are in the toaster oven ready to be toasted up at the last moment. The chicken breast was leftover from a Rotisserie chicken that I had bought the day before to make quick chicken enchiladas. The bacon was leftover from breakfast the day before… ’cause I actually knew I was going to make these sandwiches. Yep, I’m a planner!!
I was raised back East with Hellman’s mayonnaise. When I moved to Los Angeles it was called “Best” mayonnaise. I’m still a mayo lover, but now I’m really happy with the flavor of Kraft Mayo made with olive oil. Seriously, it’s a great alternative.
Once my ingredients were prepped, I toasted the sourdough bread and in just a few minutes the sandwiches were prepared and lunch was served!
|SUPER CLUB SANDWICH||
- 4 pieces of toasted Sourdough bread
- 1 thinly sliced cooked chicken breast
- 4 pieces of cooked bacon
- 1 large thinly sliced tomato
- 1/2 thinly sliced avocado
- 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
- Handful of arugula
- Mayonnaise (I use Kraft with Olive Oil)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast 2 pieces of sourdough bread for the bottoms of the sandwich.
- Meanwhile, set up your station so that all the sandwich ingredients are ready.
- Place a thin layer of mayonnaise on the toasted breads. Place the chicken, bacon, tomato, red onion, avocado, and arugula on top (in that order).
- Next toast the tops for your sandwich so that they are warm. I put a little mayo on the tops, as well. Cut sandwich in half and serve right away.